- We need your short testimonial for a special PR effort in preparation for Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month. In April, 2011, over 1,000 people participated in our Kidpower Skill-A-Day Challenge. This year, we want to help schools and communities make Kidpower resources for protecting young people from child abuse and other violence part of their April activities, which will further our One Million Safer Kids campaign.
For our special press release about this educational outreach, we need quotes from people who have used our program to help make kids safer.
If you have used any of Kidpower’s publications or tools to help teach or reinforce safety skills (at any time, not just for an observance of Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness month), we would love to include your quote or video testimonial on our website and in our special educational PR campaign. We are especially interested in hearing from people who participated in last year’s Skill-A-Day Challenge.
As a thank you for sharing your story with us, we will send you a free, updated PDF version of the Kidpower-30-Safety-Skill Challenge, which can be easily printed out as handouts to make it easy for adults in your home, school, or community organization to teach these skills to children.
To send in a testimonial quote or video we can use on our website and in our PR campaign, please make sure to mention the following (not necessarily in this order):
- Your role as an educator, parent, counselor, etc., e.g., “I’m a teacher…”
- The name of the publication or tool you used, e.g., “I took the first Kidpower 30-Safety-Skill Challenge last year …”
- With whom you shared, taught or used the tools without mentioning the last names of the children, e.g.,“…with my 2nd graders…”
- What you liked best about using our publication or tool, e.g., “and they were using the skills right away, on the playground and in our class, to solve conflicts with each other!”
- And, what you did or will do next, e.g., “I was so impressed with how much the kids learned so quickly that I shared the free Kidpower Coloring Book with all of our incoming students this year, and our principal decided we are all taking the 30-Safety-Skill Challenge with our preK-5 classrooms as a school-wide Child Abuse Prevention Month activity.”
- If relevant, please also share how many young people you’ve shared Kidpower skills with since July 2011, when we launched our One Million Safer Kids Global Initiative. e.g., “I have added 30 kids to Kidpower’s One Million Safer Kids count so far and we will have reached 330 after we all take the Challenge in April.”
If you want to send in a short video testimonial (it’s easy with many smart phones!), please keep it under 2 minutes and post it to youtube or email it to us with permission to embed it on our website.
Please note: For your privacy, you do not need to mention the name of your school, your last name, your location, or other identifying personal information in your quote or video, but we would appreciate that information in your email to us for our internal reference only. At a minimum, we need your name and email address in order to send you the free ebook!
Please be aware that our safety policies require that we do NOT make public the last names, cities, or schools of specific children who have been helped by our program – please do not include this information in any video testimonial.
The publications and tools we will be highlighting in this effort are:
- The free Kidpower 30-Safety-Skill Challenge (english & spanish)
- The free Kidpower Coloring Book (english, spanish & dutch)
- The Kidpower Safety Comics Series (younger 3-10, older 9-13, teen/young adult)
- The free Kidpower webinar series “Child Abuse Prevention in Youth Sports”, created with the Positive Coaching Alliance in February 2011
- Our Blog & Library of Free Articles
- The Kidpower Teaching Kits (up to 6 books of teaching stories, handouts, lesson plans, etc.)
- The Kidpower Book for Caring Adults - which has been out of print, but a fully revised and updated version will be released by the beginning of April.
We can’t wait to hear from you!