Teaching Children Ages 5 to 14 to Be Safe With People
In this book, you will find short cartoon-illustrated assignments that can be used in a classroom, youth group, or family to introduce and reinforce these Kidpower “People Safety” Skills.
• Awareness, Calm, and Confidence/Mantente Alerta, Calmado, y Confiado
• Moving Out of Reach/Moviéndote Fuera de Alcance
• Checking and Thinking First to be Safe/Preguntar y Pensar Primero
• Stranger Safety/Seguridad con Extraños
• Safety Plans for Emergency Situations/Planes de Seguridad – Emergencias
• Yell, Leave, and Get Help/Grita, Vete, Y Obtiene Ayuda Si Te Sientes Asustado
• Protecting Yourself From Hurtful Words/Protegiéndote A Ti Mismo de Palabras Hirientes
• Stopping Unwanted Touch and Teasing/El Poner Alto al Acoso Físico Y Verbal
• Getting Help/Obteniendo Ayuda
• Bullying Prevention/Seguridad Personal para Detener la Intimidación
The purchase price of this book includes a limited license giving permission for the owner to make up to 30 copies a year of the assignments to use with children in your own immediate family, an individual classroom, or a small youth group.
According to Daisy Barocio, Principal of Escuela Popular Dual Language Academy, “I am excited for the Kidpower lessons and assignments because we need curriculum that is easy for busy teachers to prepare and use with a group of children. The assignments will be very important because they provide a way for the children to show their parents what they learned and also keep practicing at home with them. The fact that the lessons are in both English and Spanish is a big help since many of our students come from Spanish-speaking families.”
For purchase outside the US, you can buy the book through Amazon with local shipping from the following countries.
All income from books sales goes to help our nonprofit organization cover the cost of publication and of providing educational resources.
This print-on-demand book is printed and shipped by Amazon or CreateSpace. If there are any problems with the quality of the cover, binding, or printing, or if the book is damaged in shipping, the company you ordered from will replace your book.