What Gifts Pay For
Since 1989, Kidpower brought safety skills to help protect more than 3 million people of all ages and abilities from bullying, violence and abuse all over the world and our reach is increasing each year by leaps and bounds due in large part to the gifts and grants that help us put more resources online, train more instructors and support new centers and professionals who can teach Kidpower skills around the world.
Gifts and grants make it possible to:
- Provide and expand our extensive free on-line Library of articles, videos, podcasts, and webinars that is visited by over 30,000 people a month.
- Publish affordable publications that give in-depth descriptions of how to use the Kidpower method and curriculum for families, schools, and youth organizations.
- Consult with organizations serving children and teens who live and/or work on the streets in India, Nepal, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe.
- Adapt our curriculum to better help people facing difficult life challenges such as disabilities, poverty, living in a high-crime neighborhood, parents with drug or alcohol addiction, or being targets of hate crimes.
- Provide scholarships in California so no one is turned away for lack of money from any of our public workshops.
- Provide free e-mail advice to anyone who writes to us for help with a safety problem.
Here is what different amounts can pay for:
$25 provides educational Safety Comics with directions to a family in need, that can be used again and again to introduce and discuss how to be safe with people.
$35 provides a teacher with personal safety and positive peer lessons that can be taught in the classroom year after year.
$50 covers the cost of teaching a child in a classroom or youth group, giving hands on practice of different safety skills.
$100 provides on-line advice to worried parents concerned about their child being bullied or abused, or a kidnapping attempt.
$130 provides a scholarship to a full-force parent-child workshop for a family in need so a child can practice self-defense skills along with everyday safety skills.
$250 provides a school or youth organization with extensive cartoon-illustrated curriculum with social stories and coaching on how to teach skills that help children develop positive relationships, increase their confidence, and take charge of their safety.
$500 provides long-distance safety coaching via email and Skype to an organization serving youth in a developing country.
$650 provides a scholarship to our three-day Kidpower Skills for Child Protection Institute to an educator, law enforcement official, social worker, or youth group leader who will bring these skills back to school or organization that is serving children who face very difficult life challenges.
$850 covers the cost of a parent-child workshop for 20 families in a school, housing project in a very low income neighborhood, or community organization.
$1,000 covers the cost of creating and making widely accessible a new free safety article that will increase the safety of thousands of people from all over the world– you can even request your topic!
$1,800 provides a staff training to an organization serving people with disabilities so that they can learn how to integrate Kidpower skills into their ongoing activities.
$2,000 provides a Kidpower-in-Action program with mentoring and coaching to an educator serving children in very low income neighborhoods or who face a greater risk of violence.
$5,000 sponsors an online and print media campaign to raise awareness about what parents and other caring adults can do to protect their children from bullying, violence, and abuse by empowering them with knowledge and skills.
$10,000 sponsors a three-day Kidpower Skills for Child Protection Institute for a community.
$15,000 covers the cost of producing and publishing of a new book about parts of our curriculum, such as teaching skills to people with disabilities or teaching seniors to be safe.
$20,000 covers the cost of producing a new educational public service video that will increase access to key safety skills and knowledge from Kidpower for people all over the world.