Workshops for Our Family Coalition
Learn skills to protect and empower yourself & others
Enroll Now in an Upcoming Workshop
Sign up for workshops organized by Kidpower and Our Family Coalition. If you’re interested in learning to teach these skills yourself, check out our Training Page! To see more workshops organized by Kidpower, go to our Community Workshops page.
All workshops are an hour long followed by 30 minutes of Q&A for those who want more resources.
Select a title below to learn more and register now! Partial scholarships available.
Next Session: March 3rd
Safety Leadership for Adults
In this adults-only online program for parents & caregivers of LGBTQIA+ families caring for children & teens, learn skills to help kids be safe from bullying, abuse, & other harm.
We’ll practice ways to:
- Teach kids skills to be safe without scaring or lecturing them
- Help youth deal confidently with bullying and harassment
- Advocate for your kids
- Set boundaries with family members & others
- Make family safety plans
- Empower youth to advocate for themselves in age-appropriate ways
- Adapt skills as kids grow and become more independent
- Thursday, March 3rd, 6pm-7pm Pacific Time Register
Next Session: March 19th
Starting Strong, for ages 3-7 with their adults
In this online program for LGBTQIA+ families, have fun together with your child age 3-7 learning ‘People Safety’ skills they can use right away to be safer and have more fun with people!
Using puppets and stories, we’ll practice age-appropriate ways young children can:
- Check first with adults if anything seems unsafe
- Stop unwanted touch and attention
- Be safe with hurtful words
- Set and respect boundaries
- Move away from trouble
- Get help from busy adults
Plus, you’ll learn how to keep practicing in your daily life together! This class is appropriate for children ages 3-7 who:
- are comfortable in a group with you and others online
- are comfortable following directions from a teacher
- enjoy sitting 10-15 minutes for interactive presentations
- Saturday, March 19th, 10am-11am Pacific Time Register
Next Session: March 19th
Boundary Skills, for ages 7-12 with their adults
n this online program for LGBTQIA+ families, have fun together with your child age 7-12 learning boundary-setting skills they can use right away to be safer and have more fun with people – including peers, siblings, and family members.
Together, youth 7-12 and their adults will learn and practice strategies older kids can use right away to
- Set clear, respectful boundaries
- Act aware, calm, and confident
- Use words safely – and protect yourself from others’ words
- Spot trouble early – and move away from it to be safe
- Persist to get help when you have a safety problem
- Make family safety plans – and update them as kids take on more independence
- Saturday, March 19th, 12pm-1pm Pacific Time Register
To inquire about workshops, use the contact us form below.