Self-Paced Online Kidpower Child Protection Institute
10+ hours of professional training video accessible at your pace, plus 1-on-1 email consultation & monthly live group coaching
Learn and practice Kidpower’s internationally-proven intervention, advocacy, and interpersonal safety strategies and skills so you can protect and empower people of all ages and abilities in your organization, school, agency, or family.
Every child deserves to be safe – but too many are not. Learn to protect children and teens from bullying, abuse, sexual assault, and other dangers. Prepare your family, students, or clients with tools to recognize and avoid danger; set powerful, respectful boundaries; persist to get help; protect their feelings; and develop healthy relationships.
The Self-Paced Kidpower Child Protection Institute provides a unique, in-depth opportunity to learn from Kidpower’s three decades of leadership in teaching the ‘People Safety’ tools of child protection, positive communication, advocacy, and interpersonal safety.
Your Registration includes:
• Access to Fall 2020 Live Online Child Protection Institute recordings (10+ hrs)
• Digital workbooks with coaching guides and in-depth descriptions, with visuals
• Live small-group coaching sessions online with Kidpower International Trainers
• Ongoing consultation by email
• Exposure to multiple, adapted approaches for applying the Kidpower Positive Practice Method
The recordings include presentation, practice, role-playing, and demonstration with a diverse community of leaders and participants from Argentina, Bangladesh, Canada, Ecuador, Nepal, New Zealand, Sweden, the UK, and Vietnam as well as US states California, Louisiana, North Carolina, and Texas.
US$1250 – 20 hours of continuation credits
Scholarships, payment plans & group rates available
Our commitment to our donors is that people will look honestly at their personal situation, request support from their employers and/or friends and family, and then let us know how much of the fee that they can afford.
- If you need scholarship or payment plan support: Please fully read our cost policies and then contact us before you register to tell us briefly about your situation and what you can afford. We will provide you with a special code to complete your registration process.
- If you need help explaining the value of the program to an employer: Contact Us to let us know so we can provide supportive language about Kidpower and this program.
- If you need discounted group rates (2 or more participants): Contact Us before you register to let us know how many people from your agency will be participating. We will send you a special code to complete the registration process.
Online Institute Overview
This experiential and empowering program provides a distance learning opportunity for educators, mental health experts, safety officers, martial artists, health care providers, and parents to learn from Kidpower’s 31 years of experience in teaching child protection, positive communication, and ‘People Safety’ skills. Although the focus is on children and teens, participants have found that these skills are relevant for all ages, abilities, cultures, beliefs, and walks of life.
Learn how to:
- Protect young people from bullying, abuse and other harm and empower them with skills for taking charge of their safety
- Teach Boundaries and Consent skills to young people
- Apply adult safety leadership strategies and skills for intervention and advocacy
You will start teaching kids in your own life right away! This father is coaching his child how to run to safety and yell confidently, “I need help!”
This one-of-a-kind training is now available self-paced from the comfort of your own home or office! Enthusiastic Kidpower Institute participants over the years have included educators, mental health professionals, public safety officials, health care providers, coaches, recreation program leaders, martial artists, parents, and many others who work with and on behalf of children, teens, or other vulnerable people. They have joined us from across the US and from Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Ecuador, Guatemala, France, India, Iran, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Vietnam, Singapore, South Africa, and Sweden.
Your self-paced program covers all of these topics and allows you to review and re-watch as you see fit. The live, online coaching and email consultation supports the integration of the skills into your own life:
All Kidpower workshops – online and in person – are dynamic, experiential, and interactive.
Even though the reasons for learning these skills can be sad, Kidpower itself is joyful. People at all ages learn better when they are having fun and feeling respected!
- Foundations for Building Cultures of Safety and Respect: Signs, policies, and statements
- Using Kidpower Teaching Materials
- Learning and adapting Kidpower’s 7 Child Protection Strategies
- Making safety skills lessons dynamic, interactive, upbeat, and effective
- Kidpower’s 10 Core Social Safety Skills
- Kidpower Teaching Tools
- Adapting with PuppetPower, Safety Signals, and other tools to increase accessibility
- Boundaries, and their role in safety and in healthy relationships
- Teaching boundary setting skills
- Managing emotional triggers and verbal attack
- Assertive Advocacy
- Advocating effectively with institutions and authority figures
- Intervening respectfully and effectively to stop and address unsafe, disrespectful behavior
- Balance of Power Demonstration and Practice
- Adapting for difference in age, ability, and life situation
- Adaptation for difficult life situations and for developmental stages
- Kidpower strategies for positive class/group management
- Presenting and leading safety skills lessons – partner practices
- Teaching with the Kidpower Child Protection Advocate Workbook
- Teaching using curriculum content relevant to your situation or needs
- Overcoming obstacles
The recordings of these sessions including the breakout sessions and the five Workbooks give you a unique opportunity to access this valuable program on your own schedule. The ongoing email consultations and live coaching sessions with trainers will give you support in using these strategies and skills to prevent and solve problems with people and to prepare children. teens, and vulnerable adults to do the same.
Now, I am feeling more prepared to teach about advocacy skills in our local context to prepare the parents I work with to advocate on behalf of their children.
― Eng Peng Peng
Medical Social Worker, Singapore
The Kidpower training was extremely valuable in preparing me to add the very positive practice of skills to the awareness and understanding that our child abuse prevention program provides. The Kidpower team’s joyful and knowledgeable approach makes learning inspiring, relevant, and even fun, despite the seriousness of the issues we face.
― Christianah Akindole, Founder of the Christianah, Fate Foundation in Nigeria