Learn 5 strategies you can use right away to strengthen communication with family members – and others! You will leave with more tools to:
- Set clear, respectful boundaries
- Manage your emotional triggers
- Be assertive rather than passive or aggressive
- Deal with negative responses to boundaries
- Advocate for your child to stop unwanted attention from family members
Here are some specific resources focusing on family relationships:
- Advocating for Your Kids with Adult Family Members and Friends
- How to Make Family Gatherings Great Instead of Awful
- Five Communication Strategies I Already Know – But Forget to Use
- Grandparenting: Supporting Strong Family Relationships
This US$60 program includes one-on-one support by email with questions before and after the workshop as well as links to resources – including 30-day access to a video recording of another Parentpower program – to help you and your family apply, adapt, and practice the skills.
Workshop Fee: $60/screen
Pre-registration is required as there is limited space.
Donations over the amount of workshop fees are tax-deductible. We do not turn anyone away from our workshops for lack of money. Scholarship information is available.
Because practicing together greatly increases the ability to use the skills taught in real life, we strongly recommend that you keep your video and microphone on and practice along with the instructor.
Upon registering, participants will receive a confirmation email with the meeting link.
The instructor’s presentation may be recorded for Kidpower use. Participants will not be recorded.
Instructor will stay up to 30 minutes after the end of the workshop to answer questions and practice skills.