Boundaries and advocacy skills help people of all ages have more fun and fewer problems with people – including friends and family members! You and your child age 9-14 will leave this class with more strategies to:
- Act aware, calm, and confident so people will listen to you more and bother you less
- Use words safely – and protect ourselves from others’ words, in person and online to protect your feelings, throw away hurting words, and take in kindness
- Spot trouble early – and move away from it to get distance and protect ourselves emotionally and physically
- Set clear respectful boundaries because boundaries support healthy relationships – and also help prevent bullying & abuse
- Discuss and practice safety rules about secrets, & ’emergency lies’ because kids are safer when they learn these rules in a shame-free way from adults calmly focusing on skills and solutions, not on fear or danger.
- Identify adults who can help kids prevent, avoid, and solve safety problems because adult help is crucial for kids’ safety
- Be persistent & assertive to get help from busy, distracted, or grumpy adults because when they have physical or emotional safety problems, teens are safer getting help right away, even if they have to interrupt adults who might be inconvenienced or offended.
Your US$45/family registration includes one-on-one email support with questions before & after the workshop and links to resources to help you & your family apply, adapt, and practice the skills.
Workshop Fee: $45/family (includes children and accompanying adults)
Pre-registration is required as there is limited space.
This workshop is geared toward families with kids ages 9-14. Children outside of this age
range are welcome to attend and the content may not be as relevant for them.
Donations over the amount of workshop fees are tax-deductible. We do not turn anyone away from our workshops for lack of money. Scholarship information is available.
Because practicing together greatly increases the ability to use the skills taught in real life, we strongly recommend that you keep your video and microphone on and practice along with the instructor.
Upon registering, participants will receive a confirmation email with the meeting link.
Instructor will stay up to 30 minutes after the end of the workshop to answer questions and practice skills.