This is an online program for educators, parents, & other caring adults.
Learn strategies you can use and teach children and youth to build age-appropriate skills to be safe in the face of bullying and help make schools, neighborhoods, and online spaces safer for kids.
- Prepare kids to use 8 Kidpower Skills to Stop Bullying so they can face bullying with confidence
- Use Kidpower boundary and consent rules as a tool to address and reduce peer or sibling conflict
- Learn ways to assess whether someone is just acting friendly – or truly being a friend? – and then make choices to support safety and well-being
- Practice skills adults can use, model, and teach about being safe from mean words, speaking up about put downs, and getting help from people in power
- Practice and coach boundary skills at all 5 Levels of Intrusion™ to help stop bullying and sibling conflict
- Adapt skills in different ways to use Practice as a Management Tool for Unsafe, Disrespectful Behavior
- Recognize potentially unsafe behavior and intervening positively with Kidpower’s Positive Practice Method™
- Use advocacy strategies to Turn Bullying Prevention Policies Into Powerful Action
This US$60 program includes one-on-one support by email with questions before and after the workshop as well as links to resources – including 30-day access to a video recording of a similar program – to help you and your family apply, adapt, and practice the skills.
Workshop Fee: $60/screen
Pre-registration is required as there is limited space.
Donations over the amount of workshop fees are tax-deductible. We do not turn anyone away from our workshops for lack of money. Scholarship information is available.
Because practicing together greatly increases the ability to use the skills taught in real life, we strongly recommend that you keep your video and microphone on and practice along with the instructor.
Upon registering, participants will receive a confirmation email with the meeting link.
The instructor’s presentation may be recorded for Kidpower use. Participants will not be recorded.
Instructor will stay up to 30 minutes after the end of the workshop to answer questions and practice skills.