Learn the Kidpower approach for making safety a part of your daily life with babies, toddlers, and preschoolers in ways that are fun, positive, and practical – not scary!
In this workshop, parents and other parenting people will learn skills to:
- protect children from abuse, kidnapping, and other harm
- introduce and talk about safety without being scary
- teach ‘people safety’ as confidently as they teach manners, hygiene, and car safety
Use your skills right away to help young children:
- set boundaries including about body autonomy
- protect their feelings
- stay in charge of their bodies
- ask for help
- know the Safety Plan if they get lost
- follow your Stranger Safety rules
- check first with their grownups before they change their plan about where they are going, what they are doing, and who they are with.
If you are interested in reading more, see:
- Kidpower Answers for Parents of Young Children
- Choosing Safe People to Care for Your Children
- Earliest Teachable Moment: Personal Safety for Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers
This US$60 program includes one-on-one support by email with questions before and after the workshop as well as links to resources – including 30-day access to a video recording of another Parentpower program – to help you and your family apply, adapt, and practice the skills.
Workshop Fee: $60/screen
Pre-registration is required as there is limited space.
Donations over the amount of workshop fees are tax-deductible. We do not turn anyone away from our workshops for lack of money. Scholarship information is available.
Because practicing together greatly increases the ability to use the skills taught in real life, we strongly recommend that you keep your video and microphone on and practice along with the instructor.
Upon registering, participants will receive a confirmation email with the meeting link.
The instructor’s presentation may be recorded for Kidpower use. Participants will not be recorded.
Instructor will stay up to 30 minutes after the end of the workshop to answer questions and practice skills.