Bullying Prevention – Face Bullying With Confidence
Learn strategies you can use and teach so your child builds age-appropriate skills to be safe in the face of bullying – and so you and other adults can advocate to make schools, neighborhoods, and online spaces safer for kids.
- Reducing bullying and sibling conflict with clear boundaries about positive consent for play, teasing, and affection
- Using Kidpower boundary and consent rules as a tool to address and reduce sibling conflict as well as bullying outside the home
- Ways to assess whether someone is just acting friendly – or truly being a friend? – and then make choices to support safety and well-being
- Skills adults can use, model, and teach about being safe from mean words, speaking up about put downs, and getting help from people in power
- Practicing boundaries at all 5 Levels of Intrusion™ to help stop bullying and sibling conflict
- Different ways to use Practice as a Management Tool for Unsafe, Disrespectful Behavior
- Recognizing potentially unsafe behavior and intervening positively with Kidpower’s Positive Practice Method™
- Using advocacy strategies to Turn Bullying Prevention Policies Into Powerful Action
This US$60 program includes one-on-one support by email with questions before and after the workshop as well as links to resources – including 30-day access to a video recording of another Parentpower program – to help you and your family apply, adapt, and practice the skills.
Workshop Fee: $60/screen
Pre-registration is required as there is limited space.
Donations over the amount of workshop fees are tax-deductible. We do not turn anyone away from our workshops for lack of money. Scholarship information is available.
Because practicing together greatly increases the ability to use the skills taught in real life, we strongly recommend that you keep your video and microphone on and practice along with the instructor.
Upon registering, participants will receive a confirmation email with the meeting link.
The instructor’s presentation may be recorded for Kidpower use. Participants will not be recorded.
Instructor will stay up to 30 minutes after the end of the workshop to answer questions and practice skills.