Kidpower Advice to Prevent Sexual Abuse At Summer Camp & Recreation Activities
Most camp counselors and recreation leaders are wonderful people who are completely dedicated to the well being of the children in their care. Unfortunately, a very few have bad intentions and can cause tremendous harm.
To help keep your kids safe when they are away from you, we encourage you to take a few minutes to watch this Kidpower parent-education video and learn:
- A key question to ask and how to assess the answer from a summer camp or recreational program;
- How to teach and role play boundary setting skills with kids to help them stop unwanted touch, teasing or affection;
- How to teach kids to be persistent in getting help from other adults; and
- What to do if a child tells you about a problem or you feel uncomfortable yourself.
- Screen their staff with background checks;
- Use best practices in preventing accidents and illness; and
- Train their staff in how to protect children from bullying and other problems.
Trouble viewing? Click here to watch this video on YouTube!