Kidpower is the global nonprofit leader in personal safety education for all ages,
teaching skills for strong relationships and the prevention of harm.
Kidpower is the global nonprofit leader in personal safety education for all ages, teaching skills for strong relationships and the prevention of harm.
Areas of Expertise
Since 1989, millions of people of all ages and abilities – see Who We Serve! – have benefited from our services addressing the following issues:
Core skills taught in all classes
Kidpower core social-emotional safety skills help people of all ages and abilities take charge of safety and well-being – online and in person. Skills include how to:
- Act aware, calm, and confident
- Protect yourself emotionally from hurtful words or behavior
- Manage emotional triggers to stay in charge of what you say and do
- Recognize what is and is not safe
- Move away from trouble physically, emotionally, and digitally
- Assess – and think first or check first before acting
- Set powerful and respectful boundaries
- Apply safety principles about touch and attention in healthy relationships
- Advocate assertively and persistently for help with safety problems
- Use your voice and body to stop an attack and get to safety
We teach age-appropriate, ability-appropriate adaptations of these skills using examples and activities relevant to students’ ages and life situations.
Our trainings for parents and professionals teach adults how to teach these skills to others in their personal and professional lives.
Best in our field!
People Served Worldwide