Stop Sexual Abuse With Awareness, Action, and Skills
Take action to prevent and stop child abuse:
Featured Library Resources
- 7 Kidpower Strategies for Keeping Your Child Safe – Video Series
- Child Abuse Prevention in Youth Sports Video Series
- Worthy of Trust: What Organizations Must Do to Protect Children From Harm
- Why Affection and Teasing Should be a Child’s Choice
- Sometimes the People Kids Love Have Problems – What Children Do and Do NOT Need to Know
- What if a Sex Offender is Living in Our Neighborhood?
- Four Strategies for Protecting Kids From Sexual Predators
- Teaching Children About Safe and Unsafe Secrets
- Safe and Unsafe Bribes
- Touch in Healthy Relationships
Training and Consultation
Kidpower offers a wide range of in-person programs for parents, professionals, children, teens, adults, and people with difficult life challenges based on the specific needs of their families, schools, organizations, or businesses. See our California services or other locations for more information.
We provide long-distance seminars, consulting, and personal coaching sessions that can be conducted anywhere by video-conferencing, email, or telephone. Services also include keynote speakers for conferences, tailored sessions for board and staff retreats, and traveling instructors. Please contact us.
Our three-day Kidpower Skills for Child Protection Advocates Institute provides an in-depth training in how to use our intervention, advocacy, and personal safety skills to protect and empower children and teens.
Books to Help Protect Children and Teens From Sexual Abuse
- The Kidpower Book for Caring Adults: Personal Safety, Self-Protection, Confidence, and Advocacy for Young People provides extensive information on how to protect children from sexual abuse, including clear explanations, inspiring stories, and step-by-step explanations about how to practice skills.
- Kidpower and Fullpower Safety Comics and Teaching Kits give cartoon-illustrated tools for teaching and practicing “People Safety” skills that can stop most abuse by preparing kids to set boundaries and get help.
- The Relationship Safety Handbook is for teen and adult victims and potential victims of relationship violence, as well as the support people in their lives.