Kidpower’s Bullying Prevention and Positive Peer Communication Skills are founded on this principle:
Take action to stop bullying and harassment:
Kidpower Publications Provide Skills and Knowledge to Help Stop Bullying
- Kidpower’s Bullying Solutions Book gives clear explanations, inspiring stories, and step-by-step activities to help address bullying effectively. This book is used by many schools and youth organizations as a foundation for their own anti-bullying programs.
- The Kidpower Book for Caring Adults: Personal Safety, Self-Protection, Confidence, and Advocacy for Young People provides a tremendous foundation for how to use “People Safety” knowledge and skills for your family, school, and youth organization.
- Kidpower and Fullpower Safety Comics and Teaching Books give cartoon-illustrated tools for teaching and practicing “People Safety” skills that can stop most bullying.
Kidpower Training and Consulting
Kidpower offers a wide range of in-person programs for parents, professionals, children, teens, adults, and people with difficult life challenges based on the specific needs of their families, schools, organizations, or businesses. See our California services or other locations for more information.
We provide long-distance seminars, consulting, and personal coaching sessions that can be conducted anywhere by video-conferencing, email, or telephone. Services also include keynote speakers for conferences, tailored sessions for board and staff retreats, and traveling instructors. Please contact us.
Our three-day Kidpower Skills for Child Protection Advocates Institute provides an in-depth training in how to use our intervention, advocacy, and personal safety skills to protect and empower children and teens.
Bullying Solutions Resources in Kidpower’s Online Resources Library
- Face Bullying with Confidence: 8 Kidpower Skills Kids Can Use
- “Walk in Another’s Shoes” Video: Teens Speak Out
- Bullying in Schools: 7 Solutions for Parents
- “Mean Adults?” 5 Skills to Address Adult-to-Adult Bullying
- 5 Actions Adults Can Take NOW to Protect Kids
- “Neighborhood Kids are Bullying My Child, Please Help!”
- Bullying Facts and Solutions
- Speaking Up About Putdowns and Managing Reactions
- Bullying: Common Questions & Answers From Kidpower
- See more articles: Bullying Prevention, Teen Safety, Workplace Communication Safety
Watch an ABC TV Interview About Bullying With Kidpower Founder Irene van der Zande
This ABC View from the Bay interview with Irene van der Zande, Kidpower’s Executive Director and Founder, who describes how parents and teachers can use Kidpower skills to protect their kids from bullying.