Stranger Safety – Assault and Kidnapping Prevention
Assault and Kidnapping Prevention
“When our kids got lost, they followed our Kidpower Safety Plan and went to the cashier to get help.”
“Now I know that if someone tries to bother me on my way to school, I will know what to do to stay safe!”
- Featured Article: How “Stranger Danger” Hurts Kids
- Featured Safety Tips: Protecting Children from Abduction/Kidnapping
- Featured Podcast: Stranger Safety – What Rhymes with Ranger? (6:48)
- Tools for Empowering Children to Explore Their World with Safety and Confidence
- Safety with Strangers and People Children Know
- Resisting the “Illusion of Safety”
- Adults Need To Know: Personal Safety for Children
- Safety Checklist: Get Kids Ready To Stay Safe When They Go Out
- Just in Case: What Children Need to Know if They Cannot Get Away at First
- How to Pick a Good Self-Defense Program
7 Strategies for Keeping Your Kids Safe - video series
Dr. Harold Johnson, Emeritus Professor of Education, interviewing Kidpower founder and executive director, Irene van der Zande, to describe each of Kidpower’s 7 strategies for keeping children safe and how to apply these concepts to your daily life.
Stop! Leave! Help! Teaching kids how to stop a potential abduction
ABC7’s Better Bay Area News
ABC7’s Better Bay Area News Team shows viewers how to teach kids how to stop a possible abduction, featuring Kidpower’s executive director and founder, Irene van der Zande.
Now in color! This book answers the question, “How do I teach my kids to be safe with people without scaring them?” Have fun sharing the social stories together with your kids, and they’ll be learning powerful skills. Young children will ask you to read it again and again!
Learn More | Buy on Amazon
Your Amazon purchases help Kidpower!
“Doing Right by Our Kids is a field guide for practicing courage. It will arm you with the knowledge and skills you need to know when, why, and how to act to protect your kids.”
— Dan Heath, New York Times Bestselling Author
Learn Kidpower from the experts! Your choices include:
- Online, pre-recorded courses at your own pace: visit the Kidpower Online Learning Center to start learning now, including our popular Kidpower Child Protection Advocate Training
- Online, live workshops with others around the world: take a workshop open for public enrollment!
- Online, live workshops with others in your own group: arrange a virtual Kidpower instructor to teach your group…
- physically gathered in one location
- joining online from remote locations
- In Person [PAUSED for the pandemic]: take a live workshop organized by Kidpower and open to the public or organize a workshop for your own group!
To take a workshop or arrange your own, visit our Workshops page!
We’re here to answer your questions, suggest resources, and give you more information about how to take or plan a class. Contact us today!