Relationship Safety Skills Handbook
Domestic, dating, and interpersonal violence prevention handbook
These skills and lessons prepare teens and adults to recognize what is and is not safe in a relationship and to know how to take charge of their emotional and physical safety. This book is designed to be used by victims and potential victims of relationship violence, as well as the support people in their lives. Support staff at organizations serving people at risk of, and those who have suffered from, relationship and domestic violence, can use this book as a tool to foster the integration of Kidpower’s ‘People Safety’ skills into their everyday work. This book can also be used directly with teens and adults affected by, or at increased risk of experiencing, emotional abuse or domestic violence. Cartoon-illustrated social stories and explanations provide an entertaining way to explain different concepts and skills.
Concepts and skills include:
- Assessing what is safe and unsafe behavior in a relationship
- Setting effective boundaries
- Controlling emotional triggers
- Taking the power out of verbal attack
- Leaving a potentially dangerous situation as safely as possible
- Verbal self-defense tactics
- Getting help effectively
- And lesson plans for how to teach these skills to others
$30.00 USD. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discounts on orders of 20 or more.
All income from books sales goes to help our nonprofit organization cover the cost of publication and of providing educational resources.