Skills for Child Protection: Advocates Workbook
Protect young people from bullying, violence, and abuse through Kidpower’s intervention, advocacy, and personal safety skills for professionals, parents, volunteers, and other caring adults. This textbook for Kidpower’s Child Protection Advocates Training Institute provides tools for protecting children and teens from harm and for empowering them to take charge of their own safety and well-being.
Topics addressed include:
- Kidpower’s Underlying Principle and key child protection strategies.
- 10 Core “People Safety” Skills to take charge of safety, prevent problems, increase confidence, and develop strong relationships.
- Kidpower’s Positive Practice Teaching Method to make rehearsing safety skills and coaching use in daily life both successful and fun.
- Assessment skills for recognizing specific child and teen personal safety issues.
- Signs, statements, and policies to promote cultures of caring, respect, and safety.
- Boundary-setting skills for advocating for safety effectively, respectfully, and persistently.
- Intervention skills for stopping and redirecting unsafe or disrespectful behavior powerfully and respectfully.
- How to use and teach People Safety, Relationship Safety, and Positive Peer skills to different ages and abilities.
- Applying Kidpower strategies and skills to address specific problems of bullying, abuse, violence, and other child maltreatment.
- Personal Safety issues and objectives at different developmental stages
$50.00 USD. Contact [email protected] for discounts on orders of 20 or more.
All income from books sales goes to help our nonprofit organization cover the cost of publication and of providing educational resources.
This print-on-demand book is printed and shipped by Amazon. If there are any problems with the quality of the cover, binding, or printing, or if the book is damaged in shipping, the company you ordered from will replace your book.