Organizations Serving All Ages and Abilities
We work with youth and other community groups to provide interactive workshops with children and teens on their own sites at times that work well for them. We also provide training for professionals and group organizers. The aim is to teach simple and effective People Safety skills that are directly relevant to the group within the context of the organization.
We provide tailored workshops that address the specific needs of groups such as:
- Parent/teacher associations
- Scout troops
- Teams and clubs
- Afterschool programs
- Summer camps
- Neighborhood associations
For a definition and explanation of the tools we provide, please see What Is People Safety?
- Safety with Feelings and Words – how to protect yourself from hurting words
- Being Powerful to Be Safe – how to use your body to prevent most trouble before it starts
- Safety with Touch and Teasing – how to set boundaries with people you know
- Getting Help to Be Safe – how to make safety plans and be persistent in getting help from busy adults
- Checking and Thinking First to be Safe – how to check and think first before you change your plan about WHERE you are going, WHAT you are doing, and WHO you are with, including how to be safe with strangers
- Using Personal Safety Skills Everywhere You Go – how to apply People Safety skills to different kinds of problems, including bullying
Just follow these simple steps:
- Choose a workshop. We’ll talk about options with you!
- Pick a date
- Find a location
- Arrange for fees, grants or donations to cover costs
- Sign up your group members
- The workshop happens!
Email us for more information.
Our Store sells publications such as our cartoon-illustrated Safety Comics and Teaching Kits for children, teens, and adults that introduce personal safety skills in basic language that individuals with limited reading skills as well as the general public have found to be important, respectful, and relevant. Our Store also sells our Kidpower Introductory Guide, our Kidpower Book for Caring Adults, our Relationship Safety Book, our 10 Safety Assignments, our 15 Safety Lessons, and our Comprehensive Program Manuals. These materials show how to teach People Safety skills and concepts to the important children, teens, and adults in your life.
We also train teachers and other professionals to include Kidpower in their lessons and programs so that young people everywhere can learn Kidpower!