Learn skills to protect yourself and others from bullying, harassment, assault, and other violence with Erika from Kidpower.
We’ll practice ways to:
- Deal confidently with offensive, disrespectful behavior
- Protect yourself emotionally from identity-based attacks
- Recognize the pattern of attack – and ways to interrupt it
- Stay calm and effective in the face of threats, bullying, and harassment
- Make safety plans on your own and with friends – so you can respond quickly if there’s trouble
- Advocate for yourself and others to be safer at school, at home, and in your community.
This workshop has been organized by Stand with Trans as part of their Trans Empowerment Month series of events supporting safety and empowerment for transgender and gender diverse youth and their allies. Youth up to age 24 participate free; registration fee for adults 25+ covers the full month-long conference of events.
Because practicing together greatly increases the ability to use the skills taught in real life, we strongly recommend that you keep your video and microphone on and practice along with the instructor.