Together with their adults, kids ages 6-12 learn skills they can use right away to have more fun and fewer problems with people. Families will learn not just the skills but also how they can keep practicing as a team!
We’ll practice strategies kids can use to:
- Face bullying with confidence
- Spot trouble early – and move away from it!
- Protect themselves from hurtful words
- Stop unwanted touch and attention
- Speak up for inclusion and safety
- Get help from adults – and persist until they get it!
This workshop is one of 3 Kidpower events organized by Stand with Trans as part of their Trans Empowerment Month series of events supporting safety and empowerment for transgender and gender diverse youth and their allies!
Youth up to age 24 participate free; registration fee for adults 25+ covers the full month-long conference of events.
Because practicing together greatly increases the ability to use the skills taught in real life, we strongly recommend that you keep your video and microphone on and practice along with the instructor.