Educators, parents, and other caring adults, learn how to keep young people safe from sexual abuse – without scaring them!
You’ll leave with child protection strategies including how to:
- Assess and choose safe care providers and coaches
- Set and uphold clear boundaries, including with family
- Stay in charge of safety – and intervene – until young people are ready to protect themselves
Plus, you’ll learn how to empower kids with age-appropriate skills – using fun, not fear! – so they can be prepared to:
- Set boundaries to stop unwanted touch and attention
- deal with bribery, emotional coercion, & intimidation
- Follow the safety rules about secrets
- Follow the safety rules about private areas
- Take action when people break the safety rules
- Persist to get help from busy adults
Kidpower has 33 years of experience as the global nonprofit leader in safety skills education for people of all ages and abilities. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
This workshop is FREE in honor of Child Abuse Prevention Month!
Presented by Kidpower and organized in partnership with Monarch Services.
Because practicing together greatly increases the ability to use the skills taught in real life, we strongly recommend that you keep your video and microphone on and practice along with the instructor.
Upon registering, participants will receive a confirmation email with the meeting link.
The instructor’s presentation may be recorded for Kidpower use. Participants will not be recorded.
Instructor will stay up to 30 minutes after the end of the workshop to answer questions and practice skills.