“I have worked as a crisis-response consultant to help over a dozen schools and youth-serving organizations to recover after they have had to face a sexual abuse case in their community. In each case, people involved at all levels have said repeatedly, ‘Now that we have been through this, I would have done EVERYTHING in my power to prevent this from happening and to stop it sooner!'” – Dr. Amy Tiemann, Kidpower International Senior Program Leader, Founder of Kidpower North Carolina, and my co-author of Doing Right by Our Kids
The overwhelming need to prepare educators with knowledge and skills to protect their students from sexual abuse and human trafficking led to Amy’s inspiration to create the Full Circle Safety® curriculum with my collaboration. This is the only program that meets legal requirements in many US States for providing this kind of training in schools AND that is also built on a foundation of Kidpower’s 33 years of expertise in teaching child protection skills.
These two one-hour video training modules:
- are convenient and easy for participants to complete on their own schedule
- provide interesting and engaging stories that help to increase understanding
- present essential knowledge about these difficult issues in an emotionally safe and effective way
- introduce relevant Kidpower and Teenpower skills that educators can use to help their students learn to take charge of their safety
- address recognizing, responding to, and reporting suspected sexual abuse or human trafficking concerns
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion for each course and access to bonus materials, including the school chapter from the book Doing Right by Our Kids.
If you know of someone who might be interested, please share this information. The discounted $900 cost for BOTH courses is for up to 100 educators in a school.
Please let us know if you have any questions about how to implement this program in your school or organization.
Published: May 10, 2022 | Last Updated: May 10, 2022