I am delighted to share our new Safetypowers Signals for Feelings!
This is the brilliant idea of Kidpower Lebanon Center Director Zeina Hobeich, and it grew from her work teaching Kidpower safety skills to people in refugee camps in Lebanon.
There, Zeina discovered that our popular Kidpower Safety Signals – simple gestures, words, and drawings about core emotional and personal safety skills and boundary rules – were particularly helpful and meaningful for people of ALL ages in this stressful time in their lives.
Zeina also realized that some of the core emotional safety concepts Kidpower has been teaching for years were some of the most important for the people she was teaching in the camps – and, those concepts didn’t have their own Safety Signals!
To download this poster enter your name and email and click the download button.
With so much disruption in the refugees’ lives, Zeina knew these powerful concepts would be easier for them to learn and remember with Safety Signals.
She also realized that this would help everyone she teaches throughout Lebanon and other Arabic-speaking communities – and people in communities far from her own as well.
So, she and a team of Kidpower International leaders worked together to make these new Safetypowers Signals for Feelings! – now available as a poster for anyone, anywhere to download free!
Use them to help yourself and others others remember to:
- Stay in Touch With Your Emotions – to notice and acknowledge your thoughts and feelings
- Be Assertive -to speak up in ways that are powerful, respectful, and clear
- Be Grateful – to focus on the good things in your life, in our world, in others, and in yourself
- Be Courageous – to choose to do important things that are hard when you are worried or scared
- Be Confident – to decide to believe in yourself when you are feeling nervous or facing challenges
- Use Your Eyes of Love – to see people with compassion even when you don’t like their behavior
- Use Your Emotional Raincoat – to keep your feelings safe in heavy emotional weather
- Use Your Emotional Safety Screen – to let in useful information and screen out negativity
Personally, as I think about what it means to Be Grateful, I am filled with deep appreciation for the remarkable people in our organization – like Zeina! – whose incredible contributions of creativity, expertise, time, money, and commitment make it possible for Kidpower to develop and provide training programs and educational resources that are making a profound difference in so many lives.
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season,
P. S. All of the Kidpower Safety Signals can be found here!
Published: December 20, 2022 | Last Updated: December 20, 2022