Not knowing when and how to break the rules can be dangerous for a child. Most children are very literal and many really want to please the adults in charge by following the rules, especially away from home. Even when kids are taught that their safety comes first, acting in the moment can be very hard to do, as the following story from the mother of a second-grader in Vermont shows.Please Sign-up for our free community membership to access to this content and 100s more Kidpower resources. (Already a member? Login now.)
Enjoy Our Resource Library
Be a Hero!
Buy Books and Curriculum
Our affordable safety comics, teaching books, handbooks, and program manuals prepare readers to bring Kidpower’s “People Safety” knowledge and skills into their daily lives.
Watch Featured Videos
Browse Featured Articles from our Library
- Face Bullying With Confidence: 8 Skills Kids Can Use Right Away
- How “Stranger Danger” Hurts Kids
- Four Strategies for Protecting Kids from Sexual Predators
- Safety on the Way to School & Activities – Kidpower Guidelines
- Why Affection and Teasing Should Be a Child’s Choice
- Helping Children Regain Their Emotional Safety After Experiencing Trauma
- Tragic Shootings: How Can We Protect Our Loved Ones and Ourselves From Violent Attacks?
- Join our Library for 100s more Resources!