Kidpower has been working with Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) since 2011 to develop resources specifically to address the problems of sexual abuse in youth sports by developing recommended policies and procedures, and producing videos that can be used to help educate coaches, parents and youth sports leaders on HOW to keep young people safe from sexual abuse.
“We wish this wasn’t necessary, but we know that sexual abuse in youth sports is a reality.”
— Jim Thompson, PCA Founder and CEO.
Policies & Resources for Protecting Youth Athletes from Sexual Abuse
- Video Series: Protecting Young Athletes from Sexual Abuse (Key Actions for Parents, Coaches & Leaders). View online or download these videos and use them to help start the season with a clear safety plan for keeping kids on your teams safe!
- Kidpower & PCA Youth Sports Child Abuse Prevention Policy (2-page template)
- Resources for Parents & Coaches (one-page handout)
- Resources for Youth Sports Leaders (one-page handout)
- Child Abuse Prevention in Youth Sports Webinars (2012)
Two 1-hour webinars
Video Trailer: Protecting Youth Athletes
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”aLZo7I1z8t8″ width=”560″ height=”360″ anchor=”https://www.kidpower.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/trailer-image.png” alt=”Mark Murphy, President and CEO of the Green Bay Packers, starts off this 90 second Trailer of our new video series, Protecting Youth Athletes from Sexual Abuse: Key Actions for Parents, Coaches and Youth Sports Leaders.”]
Mark Murphy, President and CEO of the Green Bay Packers, starts off this 90 second Trailer of our new video series, Protecting Youth Athletes from Sexual Abuse: Key Actions for Parents, Coaches and Youth Sports Leaders.
More Kidpower Articles & Resources
- Worthy of Trust: What Organizations Need to Do to Protect Children From Harm
- Four Strategies for Protecting Kids From Sexual Predators
- Jerry Sandusky: Betrayer of Children’s Love and Trust – Five Ways to Protect Kids
- What Penn State Football Could Have Learned From Kidpower
Our Trusted Partner
Our partner, PCA, is a national nonprofit dedicated to developing “Better Athletes, Better People” by working to provide all youth and high school athletes a positive, character-building youth sports experience.