We have articles, videos, and many other resources you can use today – and every day – to protect and empower the young people in your life to be safer online. You can:
1. Watch these Kidpower Shorts episodes with young people:
2. Revisit – or start! – an agreement with young people about online activity boundaries using the Kidpower Digital Citizenship and Safety Agreement template.
3. Add to your Safety Leadership skill set with these tips for adults to help kids have more fun and fewer problems online:
- Online Safety for Young People: Strategies for Adults to Protect & Empower Youth
- Preparing Kids for Good Digital Citizenship
- Strategies for Safety Online – and Everywhere Else!
4. Browse our Resource Library to find tips to build the skills your kids need most! The skills for being safe with people online are the same skills for being safe everywhere else, tailored to each specific situation. Together with kids of any age, including those not online at all, practice in-person skills – and know that you are helping them build skills that will support a lifetime of safer, more positive online experiences!
5. Enroll in an online workshop teaching skills that will help kids be safer online:
- Parentpower: Online Safety Skills to Protect and Empower Youth Thursday, March 11, 6-7pm PT
- Parentpower: Emotional Safety Skills to Protect Yourself and Your Family – because emotional safety skills are important for safety online and in person! Wednesday, February 24, 5-6pm PT
- Familypower: Boundary Skills for ages 7-11 and their adults, because boundaries are important for safety everywhere including in multiplayer games, social media, breakout rooms, and distance learning! Saturday, February 27, 10-11am PT
More workshops will be added soon, so stop by Kidpower.org/workshops for new options.
We’re excited to participate in Safer Internet Day – and, at the same time, we know that adults play a crucial role every day in keeping kids safe, online and everywhere else. Let us know about your Safer Internet Day activities – and let us know what you need from Kidpower to protect and empower the young people in your life!
Published: February 9, 2021 | Last Updated: February 9, 2021