People listen to you better and bother you less when you communicate with an assertive attitude of awareness, calm, respect, and confidence. Kidpower’s Assertive Advocacy communication skills can help both to protect people of all ages and abilities from bullying, abuse, and other violence and to prepare them to develop better relationships. This article explains how to practice and model Assertive Advocacy to strengthen communication skills and build healthy relationships.
Enjoy Our Resource Library
Be a Hero!
Buy Books and Curriculum
Our affordable safety comics, teaching books, handbooks, and program manuals prepare readers to bring Kidpower’s “People Safety” knowledge and skills into their daily lives.
Browse Featured Articles from our Library
- Face Bullying With Confidence: 8 Skills Kids Can Use Right Away
- How “Stranger Danger” Hurts Kids
- Four Strategies for Protecting Kids from Sexual Predators
- Safety on the Way to School & Activities – Kidpower Guidelines
- Why Affection and Teasing Should Be a Child’s Choice
- Helping Children Regain Their Emotional Safety After a Tragedy
- Tragic Shootings: How Can We Protect Our Loved Ones and Ourselves From Violent Attacks?
- Join our Library for 100s more Resources!