Like so many, we are deeply sad that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, a Florida high school student, was shot by 28-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman. Sad for a young life cut short. Sad for his family and friends. We cannot help asking questions and seeking answers about what might have made a difference – and might help to prevent this from happening again.
Get Our Free eNewsletter for Weekly Safety Tips & Tools
Most Recent Posts
- Free-Range Parenting & Safety: "Turning Problems into Practices" Free Coaching Call
- Take our Survey for Kidpower "Turning Problems into Practices" Coaching Calls!
- An Invitation to Kidpower's Skills for Child Protection Advocates 3-Day Training Institute
- Whole Foods 3rd and Fairfax in Los Angeles will be honoring Kidpower as its 5% Day beneficiary!
- Stopping "If ONLY" stories through powerful action: In honor of Child Abuse Prevention Month this April
Abuse Prevention [+]
Bullying Prevention [+]
- Thank you to Adviatech for donation to keep kids safe from bullying!
- Resources to Protect Children and Teens From Bullying Through Awareness, Knowledge, and Skills
- “Neighborhood Kids are Bullying My Daughter! – Please help!”
- Great book for preteen girls includes Kidpower skills to cope with bullying
- “Bye Bye Bullying” Video Contest – San Francisco Community United Against Bullying
Child Safety [+]
- Free-Range Parenting & Safety: “Turning Problems into Practices” Free Coaching Call
- After an Attempted Abduction – Guidance for adults on what to say and do to keep kids safe!
- Going Out Alone – How to Prepare Kids to Be Safe
- Summer Safety Resources
- Possible Abduction Attempt Shows Importance of Teaching Safety Skills to Kids
Full Archive [+]
Browse By: Bullying Prevention| Abuse Prevention| Stranger Safety| Teen Safety| Resources for Adults