English | Español
Ellen Frankel of Kidpower California shares Awareness Power.
Awareness Power, a part of our Kidpower Safety Signals, provides a quick, easy-to-remember gesture with simple words and graphics that can be practiced with even young children within a few minutes – and also can be a useful tool to help adults remember to use these skills.
With your elbows at your side, point your arms up toward your face and extend your fingers toward your eyes (do not touch your eyes!)
Learn more about Awareness Power and all of the Kidpower Safety Signals!
You can use our 30 Kidpower Safety Signals to teach social safety skills and concepts for how to:
- Prevent and stop trouble with people
- Take charge of our feelings, words, feelings, and bodies
- Build better relationships
- Take charge of our safety out in public
- Develop healthy boundaries with people we know