Kiona Medina, Bay Area Kidpower Instructor, shares The Kidpower Trash Can for kids. This is the power to protect ourselves from insults or bad words while on the internet or in person.
The Kidpower Trash Can, a part of our Kidpower Safety Signals, provides a quick, easy-to-remember gestures with simple words and graphics that can be practiced with even young children within a few minutes – and also can be a useful tool to help adults remember to use these skills.
Put one hand on your hip. The hole this makes is our Kidpower Trash Can™. Use your other hand to catch the hurting words and throw them into the Trash Can.
Learn more about The Kidpower Trash Can and all of the Kidpower Safety Signals!
You can use our 30 Kidpower Safety Signals to teach social safety skills and concepts for how to:
- Prevent and stop trouble with people
- Take charge of our feelings, words, feelings, and bodies
- Build better relationships
- Take charge of our safety out in public
- Develop healthy boundaries with people we know