What a month! As September draws to a close, we are excited to report that the first International Child Protection Month has provided over 300,000 parents, teachers, coaches, and other caring adults with simple and effective actions they can take as leaders in protecting and promoting the safety and well-being of young people. And now, where do we go from here? First, please take 2 minutes to help us reach our goal of having 50,000 adults let us know that they have made the Kidpower Put Safety First Commitment.
by Irene van der Zande, Kidpower Founder and Executive Director | Sep 3, 2014
This month we at Kidpower, along with individuals, families, schools, organizations, businesses, and agencies, are taking action to honor, inspire, and support adult leadership worldwide to promote and protect the safety and well-being of young people.
NEW Online Webinars & Workshops!
Download Home Activities & Resources
Please donate to support our ongoing efforts and the development of new online, interactive safety programs to support children, families, and vulnerable adults during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Sign up free for access to 100s of resources!
Join Now to learn and teach Kidpower safety skills.
Buy Books and Curriculum
Our affordable safety comics, teaching books, handbooks, and program manuals prepare readers to bring Kidpower’s “People Safety” knowledge and skills into their daily lives.
Watch Featured Videos
Browse Featured Articles from our Library
- Face Bullying With Confidence: 8 Skills Kids Can Use Right Away
- How “Stranger Danger” Hurts Kids
- Four Strategies for Protecting Kids from Sexual Predators
- Safety on the Way to School & Activities – Kidpower Guidelines
- Why Affection and Teasing Should Be a Child’s Choice
- Helping Children Regain Their Emotional Safety After a Tragedy
- Tragic Shootings: How Can We Protect Our Loved Ones and Ourselves From Violent Attacks?
- Sexual Harassment: Another Kind of Pollution
- Positive Consent and Sexual Safety: Skills for “Yes Means Yes!”
- Join our Library for 100s more Resources!