The Kidpower and Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International name and logo, and all related product and service names are the trademarks and copyrighted property of Irene van der Zande with license to use to Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International. All other product and service marks contained herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. You may not use any Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower or third party trademarks or logos without the prior written consent of Irene van der Zande or her authorized representative.
The materials on this website are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other proprietary rights and laws. For example, Irene van der Zande owns a copyright in the selection, organization, arrangement and enhancement of the Materials, as well as in the Materials original to itself. Third parties whose Materials appear on this website own the copyright in the Materials original to them.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL IRENE VAN DER ZANDE OR HER HEIRS OR KIDPOWER TEENPOWER FULLPOWER INTERNATIONAL, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES (ALL COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS THE “KIDPOWER GROUP” HENCEFORTH) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, MISUSE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE UPON THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF THE KIDPOWER GROUP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE GROUP LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
ADDITIONALLY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE KIDPOWER GROUP BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT, GOODS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY EXTERNAL SITES LINKED FROM THIS WEBSITE.
Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall the Kidpower Group be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.
In being given access to these materials by the Kidpower Group, you are agreeing to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Kidpower Group from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees that arise from your use or misuse of the Materials or this website. The Kidpower Group reserves the right, at it own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with the Kidpower Group in asserting any available defenses.
As a global nonprofit leader, Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International is dedicated to providing empowering and effective child protection, positive communication, and personal safety strategies and skills to people of all ages and abilities all over the world. Our goal is that these“People Safety” will help people to lead safer, more joyful lives and to create cultures of respect and safety for everyone, everywhere— and use of our program in different places by different people helps to further that goal.
The purpose of the following Permission to Use Requirements is to share Kidpower’s resources in ways that: are sustainable for our organization, protect our copyright, uphold our quality standards, document the use of our program, and increase our visibility so that others can learn about and benefit from our services.
Permission to use in person versus permission to publish
If You Wish to Use Any of Kidpower Copyrighted Curriculum in Providing In-Person Services. Within the following boundaries, we encourage you to use ideas, stories, explanations, strategies skills or other content from our copyrighted program in your own in-person activities and services to protect people from harm and empower them with knowledge and skills as long as you:
- Do NOT use our organizational or program names , copyrighted marketing language, or track record, to describe or promote yourself or as names or promotion for your programs unless you are officially affiliated with our organization.
- DO keep our name with our work by using the “Kidpower” name with the skills, safety rules, techniques, methodology, and strategies from our program.
- DO acknowledge our organization, describe the source of your information in a book or article or workshop, and tell people how to reach us. We can give you specific language depending on the type of use so that you are clear, accurate, and mutually supportive, without giving the impression that you are representing or certified by our organization unless you actually are. Here’s an example of an appropriate statement of acknowledgement: “This skill comes from Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International. We thank them for permission to use parts of their exceptional child protection, positive communication, and personal safety curriculum and program in this activity. www.kidpower.org”
- DO respect our copyright by following our Permission to Reprint or Publish Requirements so you have prior written authorization BEFORE reprinting, translating, emailing, videoing, broadcasting, putting on a Wikisite, videoing, using in a newsletter or book, sharing our content in a written class plan, or otherwise publishing any part of our program in any digital or printed form or format.
If You Wish to Print One Copy for your Individual Use. If all you wish to do is print one (1) copy of an article or other educational resource from the Kidpower.org online library for your individual use, you can do so directly, using the Print option to ensure that the Kidpower logo, format and copyright is retained, without further explicit permission. We accept and appreciate donations to help support our free library of resources, however agreement with our Permission to Use Requirements is all that is required to print a .pdf document from our online library.
If you wish to publish or use our articles or program content in any other digital, printed, broadcast, presentation or other format. Follow the directions below. Use our Reprint or Use Permission Request Form to explain what articles or other material you want to use and how you want to use them. We normally grant permission for personal and charitable noncommercial purposes as long as our Permission to Use Requirements are followed.
To request permission to use or reprint any content from articles, videos, podcasts, graphics, or other materials on the Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International (Kidpower) website:
- read our full Permission to Reprint or Publish Requirements, and
- submit a completed Reprint/Use Permission Request Form, which you will find on the Requirements webpage.
Follow this link (https://www.kidpower.org/about-us/use-permission-requirements/) to read our full Permission to Use Requirements, including instructions for submitting a Reprint or Use Permission Request Form.
If you wish to publish, adapt, re-create, further develop, copy, and/or translate any portion of the Kidpower publications in any form, prior permission and a licensing agreement will be required from the author or her authorized representative.