Tomorrow is Safer Internet Day, a global effort to make the internet a safer place for all – especially young people!
We have articles, videos, and many other resources you can use today – and every day – to protect and empower the young people in your life to be safer online. You can:
1. Watch these Kidpower Shorts episodes with young people:
2. Revisit – or start! – an agreement with young people about online activity boundaries using the Kidpower Digital Citizenship and Safety Agreement template – now available in Spanish and in English.
3. Add to your Safety Leadership skill set with the tips for adults to help kids have more fun and fewer problems online:
- Online Safety for Young People: Strategies for Adults to Protect & Empower Youth
- Preparing Kids for Good Digital Citizenship – and also in Spanish: Prepara a los niños para ser buenos ciudadanos digitales
- Strategies for Safety Online – and Everywhere Else!
4. Enroll in an online workshop teaching skills that will help kids be safer online:
- Familypower: Online Safety for ages 9-14 with their adults – tomorrow! Tuesday, February 8, 4-5pm Pacific time
- Parentpower: Seguridad en línea: Habilidades para proteger y empoderar a los jóvenes Miércoles, 2 de Marzo, 3pm-4pm hora del Pacífico
- Parentpower: Online Safety – Wednesday, March 16, 4-5pm Pacific time – and, visit our Workshops page for all upcoming online programs!
You’ll find these resources and more on our Online Safety page – be sure to visit now and then, as we’re adding new resources all the time!
We love hearing what people do with our resources to build skills to strengthen relationships and prevent harm, online and off. Tag us, email us, or give us a call to let us know about your Safer Internet Day activities! And, today and every day, let us know what you need from Kidpower to protect and empower the young people in your life.
Published: February 7, 2022 | Last Updated: February 7, 2022