September is International Child Protection Month – a celebration we started in 2014 for our 25th anniversary as an annual global initiative – providing free online resources for and from us and many other people partnering to keep our kids safe.
Here are five free activities you can start this September to join us in our mutual commitment to protecting young people from bullying, violence, and abuse – and empowering them with knowledge and skills for taking charge of their own well being.
1. Make SURE all the kids in your care KNOW that you care about their safety. Watch and share our beautiful Kidpower Protection Promise video created by our amazing Colorado Center – with an important message that every important person in your life – especially children – needs to believe, and encourage everyone you know to watch and share it too!
2. Make and share an informal video or photo of yourself making the Kidpower Protection Promise to people important to you. Send us a link to your public social media or website post, and we will give you a free professional membership for one year to our Kidpower Online Library, which will give you access to Kidpower’s 30-Skill Challenge E-Book among many other resources.
3. Download our free Posters of Promise as a discussion tool and to post in your home, office, classroom, or recreation center. Help us get these translated into languages where we don’t yet have them.
4. Read and share this article: Keeping the Kidpower Protection Promise: Seven Strategies for Keeping Your Child Safe
5. Take these 10 Actions for Adults Leaders with the young people in your life!
Thank you for your support!
We are honored by the organizations, schools, businesses, and individuals who are choosing to partner with us in making International Child Protection Month ideas and resources reach widely to help young people locally and around the globe with a focused effort in September that can inspire this work all year round.
Published: September 7, 2016 | Last Updated: September 7, 2016