7 actions you can take to address fears about school shootings and lockdown drills in ways that create emotional safety for children. Addressing questions like: What is the best way to protect our kids from school shootings? How can we keep them emotionally safe in the face of news about kids getting killed at school and about bomb and shooting threats at schools? How can we explain to them about lockdown drills?
Thank YOU! We topped our #GivingTuesday Goal!
Sign up free for access to 100s of resources!
Join Now to learn and teach Kidpower safety skills.
Buy Books and Curriculum
Our affordable safety comics, teaching books, handbooks, and program manuals prepare readers to bring Kidpower’s “People Safety” knowledge and skills into their daily lives.
Watch Featured Videos
Browse Featured Articles from our Library
- Face Bullying With Confidence: 8 Skills Kids Can Use Right Away
- How “Stranger Danger” Hurts Kids
- Four Strategies for Protecting Kids from Sexual Predators
- Safety on the Way to School & Activities – Kidpower Guidelines
- Why Affection and Teasing Should Be a Child’s Choice
- Helping Children Regain Their Emotional Safety After a Tragedy
- Tragic Shootings: How Can We Protect Our Loved Ones and Ourselves From Violent Attacks?
- Sexual Harassment: Another Kind of Pollution
- Positive Consent and Sexual Safety: Skills for “Yes Means Yes!”
- Join our Library for 100s more Resources!