Kidpower skills gave my son the confidence to stop the middle school bullying that was making him miserable.
Kidpower showed me how to advocate for our four-year-old daughter, who was being taunted at her preschool.
Everyone Deserves to Feel Safe from Bullying!
Take Action to Stop Bullying with these Featured Bullying Prevention Resources:
The Kidpower Safety and Respect Message
Tell your kids: “You have the RIGHT to be treated with safety and respect, and the RESPONSIBILITY to act safely and respectfully towards yourself and others.”
ABC TV Interview
This ABC View from the Bay interview with Irene van der Zande, Kidpower’s Executive Director and Founder, who describes how parents and teachers can use Kidpower skills to protect their kids from bullying.
Take action to stop bullying and harassment:
Kidpower Publications Provide Skills and Strategies to Stop Bullying
- Kidpower’s Bullying Solutions Book gives clear explanations, inspiring stories, and step-by-step activities to help address bullying effectively. This book is used by many schools and youth organizations as a foundation for their own anti-bullying programs.
- The Kidpower Book for Caring Adults: Personal Safety, Self-Protection, Confidence, and Advocacy for Young People provides a tremendous foundation for how to use “People Safety” knowledge and skills for your family, school, and youth organization.
- Kidpower and Fullpower Safety Comics give cartoon-illustrated tools for teaching and practicing “People Safety” skills that can stop most bullying.
- Books 1, 2, and 6 of the Kidpower Teaching Book series specifically provide social stories and skill practices for keeping kids safe from bullying.
“Doing Right by Our Kids is a field guide for practicing courage. It will arm you with the knowledge and skills you need to know when, why, and how to act to protect your kids.”
— Dan Heath, New York Times Bestselling Author
A groundbreaking new book about Protecting Child Safety at All Levels by internationally-recognized child safety education experts, Amy Tiemann, PhD and Irene van der Zande.
Bullying Solutions Resources in Kidpower’s Resource Library
- Face Bullying with Confidence: 8 Kidpower Skills Kids Can Use
- 10 Actions to Prevent and Stop Cyberbullying
- Acting Friendly or Truly Being Your Friend? – How to Tell the Difference
- Body Shaming and Weight Bias
- Appearance Bullying: How to Protect Yourself and Others – Video Webinar Recording
- “Walk in Another’s Shoes” Video: Teens Speak Out
- Bullying in Schools: 7 Solutions for Parents
- Social Aggression and Relational Aggression
- “Mean Adults?” 5 Skills to Address Adult-to-Adult Bullying
- 5 Actions Adults Can Take NOW to Protect Kids
- “Neighborhood Kids are Bullying My Child, Please Help!”
- Bullying Facts and Solutions
- Speaking Up About Putdowns and Managing Reactions
- Bullying: Common Questions & Answers From Kidpower
- Kidpower Strategies For Keeping Young People Safe From Cyberbullying
- See more articles: Bullying Prevention, Teen Safety, Workplace Communication Safety
Kidpower Skills for Child Protection Training and Consulting
Kidpower offers a wide range of in-person programs for parents, professionals, children, teens, adults, and people with difficult life challenges based on the specific needs of their families, schools, organizations, or businesses. See our California services or other locations for more information.
We provide long-distance seminars, consulting, and personal coaching sessions that can be conducted anywhere by video-conferencing, email, or telephone. Services also include keynote speakers for conferences, tailored sessions for board and staff retreats, and traveling instructors. Please contact us.
Our three-day Kidpower Skills for Child Protection Advocates Institute provides an in-depth training in how to use our intervention, advocacy, and personal safety skills to protect and empower children and teens. Executive Membership includes a Skype coaching meeting on how to use Kidpower resources to meet your specific needs.